The student news site of Meridian High School

The Wildcat

• April 19Senior Day: May 5, 2017

• February 74th Academic Quarter Progress Reports April 25, 2017

To the Next Level

Parisian Brown, Reporter

Transitioning to becoming a senior is a long-awaited achievement.

Aja Hersey is a volleyball player at MHS and still manages to be an honor student; however, she felt that her junior year was stressful.

“I think my senior year will be a little less stressful since I won’t have as many classes as I did my junior year, and I will be able to manage my grades better,” said Hersey.

She also thinks becoming a senior will be bittersweet: it is the last year to mix and mingle with her fellow classmates as they enter life after high school.

Hersey’s goals for her senior year are to get accepted into the LPN program at MCC and graduate with highest honors.

Hersey says, “My advice to the sophomores becoming juniors is to never lose focus and keep striving for greatness.”

Du’Juan Brown is a baseball player at MHS. As a junior, Brown worked hard in the classroom and was on the field from his freshman year to his junior year.

Brown expects to have fun and have memorable moments from his senior year.

“For my senior year, I want to strive to be the best I can be and to be at the top of my class,” said Brown.

Brown believes that from his junior year to senior year a difference may be that he has more responsibilities as he transitions to adulthood.

He also believes that he will have to be more on top of school assignments.

“To all the sophomores, my tip to give you is to work even harder your junior year and study,” said Brown.

Another hard-working junior is Catelyn Alford. She is a volleyball player at MHS. Alford thinks the stress level will be different next school year, but she is very excited to reach her senior year of high school.

“Ever since I started high school I repeatedly said, ‘I’m ready to become a senior,’ but now that I look back on things, it’s bittersweet,” said Alford.

Alford is ready to enjoy her senior year and participate in the senior activities.

She has dreamed about the day she receives her senior card, and she also looks forward to having a successful year and walking across the stage in May of 2018.

Alford’s advice to upcoming juniors is to study, take the ACT, try not to procrastinate, work hard, join clubs, start thinking about college choices and occupation choices, start applying for scholarships, and learn to manage time well.